We eat a lot of stir fries in this house.
They’re easy and quick to make and fill the kids bellies up well with little effort.
Buy your own veggies, or buy some pre-cut and washed vegetables to just throw in the pot.
For this stir fry, I’d bought a bowl of stir fry veges from the Co-op and just added what there was in the fridge to make it up. I had some chicken, some more beansprouts and a couple of onions.
To serve, I simply throw it all in a big dish, plonk it on the table and everyone just helps themselves.
Chicken & Mushroom Stir Fry
- 200 g Cooked Egg Noodles
- 400 g Chicken Chopped or diced.
- 50 g Shredded Carrots
- 75 g Beansprouts
- 200 g Sliced Mushrooms
- 100 g Chopped Onions
- 100 g Shredded Green Cabbage or Spinach or Lettuce
- 100 g Mange Tout
- 300 g Hoi Sin Sauce
- Pan Fry the chicken with the onions in a thick bottomed pan or wok until fully cooked. I use butter, but just a little at a time to cook the chicken.
- Add the pre-prepared vegetables with 2 - 3 tbsp of vegetable oil and stir for up to 5 minutes until all the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add the Hoi Sin Sauce and cook for a further few minutes until the food is hot throughout.