Soup Maker Recipe: Cream of Butternut Squash Soup
Author: Lesley Smith
Recipe type: Soup Maker Recipe
- 400g Butternut Squash.
- 150g Leek, chopped.
- 150g Onion, chopped.
- 200ml Milk.
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- Salt & Pepper.
- 1 Teaspoon of Ginger spice.
- When you chop your butternut squash, leave the skin on. It makes the soup extra creamy in texture, but chop your pieces quite small, as butternut takes too long to cook if it's left in big chunks. The skin breaks down nicely for the smooth setting, but I'd probably remove it for a chunky soup.
- Add all your ingredients to the soupmaker.
- Top up with water, to above the minimum and below the maximum levels.
- Crumble the stock cubes over the top, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Make sure your lid in on properly.
- Choose the smooth setting.