We’ve been sent some lovely pates to try. They are unusual, tasty and the kids just seem to enjoy them. Castle MacLellan is a Scottish company based in Dumfries and Galloway. It has recently undergone a brand refresh to emphasise its strong connections with local suppliers and has updated the website and launched a new range of recipes and new packaging for the pates.
We tried our pates, and I have to admit to my favourite being the Chicken Liver with Scottish Heather Honey. Two of my boys are working through the Smoked Salmon with Lemon Juice and Horseradish. We like pate here, so it’s been a popular trial.
Castle MacLellan is different from the regular food supplier as it is owned by the Kavli Trust and supports good causes in the UK and abroad.
The Kavli Trust was set up by the Kavli family in 1962 to carry forward the philanthropic work of the founders. The Kavli Trust has donated funds to many worthwhile causes. The Kavli Trust owns the Kavli Group, which provides the funds for its humanitarian work. Part of the profits from the Kavli group is reinvested in strengthening and developing the groups operations, while the remainder is donated to good causes in research, culture and humanitarian work.
Grants from the trust have been risen substantially in recent years. NOK 25 million (about £2.5 million) was distributed in 2012 for humanitarian, research and culture projects.
The Kavli Trust also helps support research in important social areas which can benefit humanity by helping prevent and combat serious illnesses and damage caused by modern lifestyles.
I think we can all agree that Castle MacLellan and the Kavli Trust are very unusual in what they do with their profits.
I have some fabulous Castle MacLellan Pates that will come in a hamper just for you.
In the giveaway, there will be:
Castle MacLellan Christmas range:
- Chicken Pâté with Brandy
- Duck Pâté with Port
- Smoked Salmon Terrine
Castle MacLellan core range:
- Chicken Liver Pâté with Scottish heather honey
- Oven Roasted Mushroom Pâté with garlic and thyme
- Rannoch Smoked Duck Pâté with Bramley apple jelly
- Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine with lemon juice and Galloway mustard
- Scottish Smoked Salmon Pâté with lemon juice and horseradish
- Open to UK Mainland Entrants only.
- The prize will be delivered to you and you must give us your address to send it to you.
- Winners will be notified within 3 days of giveaway end. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter random generator.
- Castle MacLellan reserves the right to amend, add or withdraw this giveaway at any time.
- Each entry method entitles you to one entry into the draw.
- You may tweet daily. Each tweet counts as a rafflecopter entry, only if you enter it into the rafflecopter widget daily.
- The prize will be for one Castle MacLellan Pate Hamper.