When the lovely people at Sea Bands got in touch and asked me to review and giveaway some sets of their products, I jumped at the chance as my eldest suffers quite badly from nausea and queasiness when he is in the car.
They arrived in a nice white padded envelope and my eldest quickly scanned through the pack to find a pair that he liked. He found the camouflage green ones, and they were never to be let go as you can see.
They are actually quite cool as far as children are concerned, because they look like wrist sweat bands, so they gain kudos for being in fashion. There is also the added bonus of not having to give him tablets which can make him feel sleepy.
My boy has been using them now for several weeks, and I am happy to say that he seems to be managing to go on car journeys without suffering. The potential for journeys away has now left the realms of nervous worry for him, and that has to be a good thing.
The lovely Sea Band people have also given me 4 pairs of bands to give away. I have two pairs of adult gray bands, one pair of childs pink camouflage, and one pair of blue camouflage.
Before I go into the competition, I’ll let you know a little about Sea Bands from their literature.
Travel sickness is the nausea, dizziness and vomiting that is triggered by the messages in the brain. We may be sitting motionless in our seats, but our senses tell us that we are moving. That means we may end us as nauseous.
To help with travel sickness – we can:
- Sit at the front in cars and buses, and face the direction we are travelling in on trains
- Breathe fresh air when possible and open windows
- Don’t eat heavy meals before travelling
- Keep children occupied with games and looking out the window
The Sea-Band is an elastic wrist band that can help. Accupressure has been used in Chinese medicine for over 4000 years, and the Sea-Band applies pressure to an accupressure point on your wrist, by a small plastic stud on the inside of your wrist at a point between the two central tendons which is known to prevent or relieve feelings of nausea.
It is a natural, effective and drug free way to help take away the worst feelings of nausea, and can be worn from a young age.
They have been trialled with children aged 2-15 and gained excellent results in a large number of cases.
They are suitable for
- Children 3 years and above
- Pregnant women
- Hospital patients
- Drug free with no side effects
- Clinically tested
- Used by doctors and hospitals
- Fast acting
- Simple to use
- Reusable and washable
- Sold in 50+ countries
- Packed with a small plastic case which makes them easy to keep.
Sea-band Website and Shop
Sea-Band on Facebook
Sea-Band on Twitter
You don’t have to wait for long, as the competition for 4 pairs is starting now, and will close on the 11th September. I will announce the winner on the 12th.
COMPETITION / GIVEAWAY
To Enter – do the following, if you are not already.
- Leave a comment below to confirm your entry with a way for me to contact you, ie twitter id.
- Like my blog on facebook at the right side of this post.
- Pop on over to the Sea- Band Facebook Page (using the link above) and like them.
- Follow me on twitter and tweet the following:
I entered a competition to win 4 pairs of Sea-Bands at http://wp.me/p1aG8Y-C1 with @scottish_mum